RUHS Attendance Policy
1. All students have 5 school days and only 5 school days to clear an absence by phone call or written note.
2. All notes must include STUDENT NAME, GRADE, PARENT DAYTIME CONTACT PHONE NUMBER, and the reason they were out. Any note that is not legible or has a wrong phone number WILL NOT be processed!!!
3. Any student caught with a forged note or call will be given a one week snack and lunch detention.
4. If a student needs to leave school at any time he/she MUST check out through the Attendance Office and get an Off Grounds Pass. Should a student leave without a pass he/she will be considered TRUANT.
5. Parents CANNOT clear an absence if their student did not get an Off Grounds Pass!!!
6. DO NOT wait until the last minute to call or bring in a note for an Off Grounds Pass. Drop the note in the RED BOX in the morning and pick up the Off Grounds Pass at Snack or Lunch.
7. Phone calls WILL NOT be taken for Off Grounds Passes during Snack or Lunch.
8. If a Parent does not sign their student out, his/her Off Grounds Pass WILL NOT be excused until he/she returns it signed by a parent or with an attached Medical/Court note within 5 school days. Put the signed pass in the RED BOX.
9. If a student is feeling ill, he/she needs to check out through the Health Office.
Thank you for considering the safety and well-being of all RUHS students and adhering to the policies that are set in place.