Welcome to the attendance page. We have designed our attendance policies to be in alignment with the California Education Code, with the best interest and safety of your students at the forefront, while maintaining professional expectations in our office. We appreciate that all of our parents understand that we may require written notification as a safeguard for all of our students. In the event that your son or daughter is absent without your knowledge, you will appreciate the added precautions that we have built into our policies.
RUHS Attendance Policy
1. All students have 5 school days and only 5 school days to clear an absence.
2. A tardy is not excused without a note issued from a medical/dental facility.
3. Partial absences reported online will only be accepted if a student misses an entire period(s) before arriving at school. Please call the office or have your student bring a note to be excused if they are leaving early. (Refer below for off-grounds pass issuance)
4. If a student needs to leave school at any time he/she MUST check out through the Attendance Office and get an Off Grounds Pass. Should a student leave without a pass he/she will be considered TRUANT.
5. DO NOT wait until the last minute to call or bring in a note for an Off Grounds Pass. Parents CANNOT clear an absence if their student did not get an Off Grounds Pass. Any student caught with a forged note or call will be given a one week snack and lunch detention.
6. All notes for Off-grounds passes and clearing absences must include STUDENT NAME, GRADE, PARENT DAYTIME CONTACT PHONE NUMBER, and the reason they were out. Any note that is not legible or has a wrong phone number WILL NOT be processed.
7. Phone calls WILL NOT be taken for Off Grounds Passes during Snack or Lunch.
8. If a Parent does not sign their student out, his/her Off Grounds Pass WILL NOT be excused until he/she returns it signed by a parent or with an attached Medical/Court note within 5 school days.
9. If a student is feeling ill, he/she needs to check out through the Health Office to receive an off-grounds pass.
Thank you for considering the safety and well-being of all RUHS students and adhering to the policies that are set in place.
(310) 798-8665 x4017