THE RUHS COUNSELORS' CREED
“Students must have initiative; they should not be mere imitators. They must learn to think and act for themselves--and be free.” (Cesar Chavez)
As a counseling team, our goal is to teach, support and inspire students to pursue both their personal and academic goals. We recognize each student as an individual with unique qualities and talents. Our commitment is to help them discover and develop their interests as they continue their journey as a lifelong learner.
We'd like to get to know you better! Get to know us first by visiting the "Get to Know Your Counselor" page.
There you can find the name of your student's school counselor and contact information.
The Counselor's Role
The RUHS counseling team is comprised of a wealth of knowledge and combined experience, totaling over 90 years in education!
- Schedule individual counseling sessions with students to establish personal goals.
- Meet with students in crisis and provide information for appropriate professional personal/social counseling services.
- Provide group orientations at each grade level to discuss career interest and the college exploration process (The Nest).
- Meet with parents and students to discuss personal goals and academic planning.
- Provide technology and online resources to help students with their decision making, college choice and career planning.
- Introduce various colleges by scheduling individual visits by college admissions representatives to talk with students (The Nest).
- Host workshops and guest speakers to share expertise on the college admissions process and financial aid options.
- Prepare school materials (transcripts, recommendations and the school profile) on behalf of students to universities and colleges for admissions and scholarship purposes.