School to Career
School to Careers 2 & 3 are elective courses that will teach the students to become more proficient in various job related skills such as: time management, acceptable work attire, resume writing, interviewing and public speaking.
GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS:
The first goal for this class is for the student to learn appropriate work related skills. The second goal is for the student will be able to apply those skills to an actual job.
- Proper work clothing:
- School-To-Career Shirt or uniform as required by work location
- Black or Khaki Pants
- Closed toe shoes
- Pencils or pens
- Copy of Social Security Card. This is mandatory. You cannot participate in this class without providing a copy of your Social Security Card. This will be attached to your job application.
- You are responsible for EVERYTHING assigned in class, even if you are absent
- When you return from an absence, YOU must find out what you missed. Check www.redonounion.org for assignments
If you are not SITTING in YOUR seat when the bell rings, you are tardy.
More than three tardies in a grading period results in a “U” in citizenship.
Make Ups: (Note: NO MAKE-UPS FOR TRUANCY)
- Final - Prior arrangements must be made with me in advance if you will not make the final.
End of Class:
- Clean up after yourself – your desk and the floor around your desk.
- The bell does not dismiss you; I do. Wait for me to dismiss you.
Semester Assignments: Get it done ON TIME; LATE WORK IS NOT ACCEPTED!
Students will complete one project per semester. Project details and requirements will be available on my link to the Redondo Union H.S. website by the start of the second quarter/fourth quarter. Students will complete the following projects throughout the
1st Semester = Career Exploration (you will be thoroughly investigating a career of your
2nd Semester = Training Slide Show Presentation – You will make a training video/slide show presentation of the job you currently have.
Weekly Work Assignments: Get it done ON TIME; LATE WORK IS NOT ACCEPTED
- 2 point for adhering to work schedule
- 2 point proper dress attire
- 4 points for completed written assignment
The Final Semester Work Evaluation is 30%, Semester Project is 20%, Weekly Work 50%
-Note #1: Since the final Work Evaluation is 30% of the grade and only done at the end of the semester, there is a chance for a big fluctuation in a student’s grade.
-Note #2: Weekly Work will be work done in the classroom until employment is obtained and then on regular Monday schedule.
CITIZENSHIP:A good citizenship grade will depend on excellent attendance, active participation in class, no tardies, no truancies, and an excellent attitude. The Discipline Matrix of RUHS will be followed regarding tardiness, truancy, behavior, etc. In addition, when the teacher is talking, students are expected to stop, look, listen, and follow directions. This is not the time for walking around the room, sharpening pencils, or throwing papers away.