Dear RUHS Parents,
Spring is in the air, so it is a good time to review the dress code. The purpose of our dress code is to promote a productive classroom/school environment where learning is our number one focus.
As a reminder, the key components of the dress code policy are (please see full policy attached and in the 2017-18 Student Handbook):
- Clothes must be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. This means tops should fully cover bras.
- The following TOPS are prohibited:
- Strapless tops (straps should be 2 fingers wide)
- Bare midriffs – showing your stomach
- Off the shoulder or low cut tops
- See-through/sheer clothing without proper undergarments are prohibited
- Skirts and shorts must be as long as your thumb finger when hands are placed to your side.
- No slippers
- Baggy pants are not to be worn without a sufficient belt. We should not see under garments (i.e. boys –underwear or boxers; girls – bras or underwear).
On behalf of the RUHS staff, thank you!