For all Drama Students! Access your class page and information here:
Check out our YouTube Channel!!
Add us on Social Media!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR AMAZING ALUMNI!!!
Interested in renting our facilities?
DRAMA A/B Grades 9-12 Prerequisite: None
Year long course Meets UC/CSU “F” Requirement
“Today You are You, that is Truer than True. There is no one alive who is You-er than You.” In this class, students explore the basic elements of acting and movement, play performance, theatrical history, and technical design. Whether you have never been on stage before, or you are very familiar, there will be something new to learn for everyone! No acting experience is necessary, and any student in any grade level is welcome to enroll. Come join RUHS Theatre Arts!
Grades 10-12 Prerequisite: Drama A/B Year long course Meets UC/CSU “F” and “G” Requirement
This class is designed to further develop the skills obtained in Beginning Acting. We will continue to study acting through a series of exercises and explorations in self-awareness, physical/vocal centering, emotional awareness, connection to partners, and character development through monologue work, and audition/professionalism skills. As the majority of students will be Sophomores/Juniors, a focus on college and careers in performing arts will be included to enhance their future experience. Students will also study directing, and work on creating originally written and designed pieces for performance. This course is designed to fit the desires and skill level of the students involved, making it collaborative and challenging.
Grades 10-12 Prerequisite: Drama 1-2 OR Audition (by appt. with instructor)
Year long course Meets UC/CSU “F” and “G” Requirement
Students are able to audition for this course to continue their pathway in theatre arts. Advanced Drama students focus on career preparation, advanced scene work including Shakespeare, and are even able to work with professionals in the industry. The class attends the DTASC festival where schools compete in several categories of acting and participate in exclusive performance opportunities for the high school. Towards the end of the year, Advanced Drama holds a festival of One-Acts that are completely student directed, produced, and performed!
Awards & Accolades
- Lead Performance in a Musical: Brianna Baker as Janet
- Lead Performance in a Musical: Victoria Bruckner as Woman in Chair
- Supporting Performance in a Musical: Julia Thau as Chaperone
- Featured Performance in a Musical: Ava Encinas as Mrs. Tottendale
- Ensemble: The Drowsy Chaperone
- The Crucible:
- Lead Performance in a Play: Ashley Lopresto as Abigail Williams
- Lead Performance in a Play: Jason Young as John Proctor
- Direction: Melissa Staab
- CETA: In Any Language Adjudicator Award: Tina Zarro – Costumes
- JRAY Winner for Best Crew & Technical Execution
- National Youth Arts Winner: Best Production, Best Choreography, Best Youth Orchestra, Lead Actress: Maegan Hood as Polly Baker
- CETA: Certificates of Achievement = Brianna Baker, Sterling Goddard, Liana Moore, Max Gorman, August Hatherley, Jen Craddock, Beck Hokanson, Lizzie Fauver, Lisa Diethelm, Danielle Silkes
- DTASC Honorary Mention for Drama Category and Monologue Category - Brianna Baker