Check out our YouTube Channel!!
Add us on Social Media!
August 21 & 23: Little Shop of Horrors Auditions
August 29: First Day of School
August 30: Little Shop of Horrors Tech Interviews
For our full calendar, click here!
Sign up for your audition time slot HERE!
Sign up for your Tech Interview time slot HERE!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR AMAZING ALUMNI!!!
DRAMA A/B Grades 9-12 Prerequisite: None
Year long course Meets UC/CSU “F” Requirement
“Today You are You, that is Truer than True. There is no one alive who is You-er than You.” In this class, students explore the basic elements of acting and movement, play performance, theatrical history, and technical design. Whether you have never been on stage before, or you are very familiar, there will be something new to learn for everyone! No acting experience is necessary, and any student in any grade level is welcome to enroll. Come join RUHS Theatre Arts!
Grades 10-12 Prerequisite: Drama A/B Year long course Meets UC/CSU “F” and “G” Requirement
Students ready to take their acting skills to the next level can take this course to further hone character development, scene study, monologue work, and audition/professionalism skills. Students will also study directing, and work on creating originally written and designed pieces for performance.
Grades 10-12 Prerequisite: Drama 1-2 OR Audition (by appt. with instructor)
Year long course Meets UC/CSU “F” and “G” Requirement
Students are able to audition for this course to continue their pathway in theatre arts. Advanced Drama students focus on career preparation, advanced scene work including Shakespeare, and are even able to work with professionals in the industry. The class attends the DTASC festival where schools compete in several categories of acting and participate in exclusive performance opportunities for the high school. Towards the end of the year, Advanced Drama holds a festival of One-Acts that are completely student directed, produced, and performed!
Interested in renting our facilities?
- President: Beck Hokanson
- Vice President/Activities: Liza Holmes
- Treasurer: Sophia Turcot
- Secretary & Historian: Kayla Louie
- Thespian Clerk: Brianna Baker
- Marketing Director: Madison Reno
- Comedy Sportz Manager: Cindy Meyer
Awards & Accolades
- JRAY Winner for Best Crew & Technical Execution
- National Youth Arts Winner: Best Production, Best Choreography, Best Youth Orchestra, Lead Actress: Maegan Hood as Polly Baker
- CETA: Certificates of Achievement = Brianna Baker, Sterling Goddard, Liana Moore, Max Gorman, August Hatherley, Jen Craddock, Beck Hokanson, Lizzie Fauver, Lisa Diethelm, Danielle Silkes
- DTASC Honorary Mention for Drama Category and Monologue Category - Brianna Baker