12th Grade Planning
THE SENIOR YEAR
RU COLLEGE READY?
We will be meeting in the Nest within the first few weeks of school and you should have the following prepared for the visit:
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
THE COMMON APPLICATION AND NAVIANCE
It's your responsibility to review your transcript carefully to make sure that you are "ready" for ALL after-high school educational opportunities. It would be smart to print out a copy of the updated RU COLLEGE READY? handout of all approved college ready coursework.
- Most seniors apply to 5 - 10 colleges/universities. If you are applying to more than ten colleges, be aware of the application fees. Generally, these range between $50 - $100 per application.
- Maintain a master list/calendar that includes upcoming test dates, application due dates, financial aid application forms and deadlines and other materials that you may need.
- See Ms. Rodriguez or Ms. Wammack in the Nest if you need assistance with fee waivers.
- If you must take the SAT or ACT one more time, September or October would be the last recommended test date. Sign up early!
- Log in to Naviance to complete "Colleges I'm Applying To." This section must be completed so that RUHS staff can submit various documents, including transcripts, electronically. This can be updated throughout the application season.
- If you are applying to at least one Common Application college, give your school counselor the Common Application Student Report to School Counselor Form immediately after you have submitted those specific applications. Your school counselor will send the "Secondary School Report" which includes an evaluation/recommendation and your official transcript.
- If your are applying to Common Application colleges, you will also need two letters of recommendation. Hopefully, you have already asked your teacher(s) to write you a letter of recommendation. Immediately after you submit your Common Application, please notify your teachers by giving them the Common Application Student Report to Teacher (Letter of Recommendation) form. They will upload your letter of recommendation through Naviance.
- You may begin completing and submitting the Common Application this month.
- You may begin completing the UC application this month. However, you cannot submit the UC application until November 1st. Start early to avoid costly mistakes!
- Many out-of-state colleges (i.e. University of Oregon, University of Arizona, Oregon State, etc.) are ready for you to submit their applications.
You may be getting admissions decisions from out-of-state public schools at this time.
Redondo Union High School ID# (i.e. 89056)
six-digit birthdate (062598)