School Counselor Information
Have a Sophomore at RUHS? Reps from the RUHS Counseling Team will be hosting a Sophomore Information Night on Wednesday, February 21st at 6pm in the RUHS Library. Topics include Junior Year Planning, College Testing Timelines, Summer Enrichment Opportunities, Resources For Post High School Planning and more.
Counselor Assignments 2017-18
We'd like to get to know you better!
Visit the "Get to Know Your Counselor" page to find the name of your student's school counselor and contact information.
THE RUHS COUNSELORS' CREED
“Students must have initiative; they should not be mere imitators. They must learn to think and act for themselves--and be free.” (Cesar Chavez)
As a counseling team, our goal is to teach, support and inspire students to pursue both their personal and academic goals. We recognize each student as an individual with unique qualities and talents. Our commitment is to help them discover and develop their interests as they continue their journey as a lifelong learner.
The Counselor's Role
The RUHS counseling team is comprised of a wealth of knowledge and combined experience, totaling over 90 years in education!
- Schedule individual counseling sessions with students to establish personal goals.
- Meet with students in crisis and provide information for appropriate professional personal/social counseling services.
- Provide group orientations at each grade level to discuss career interest and the college exploration process (The Nest).
- Meet with parents and students to discuss personal goals and academic planning.
- Provide technology and online resources to help students with their decision making, college choice and career planning.
- Introduce various colleges by scheduling individual visits by college admissions representatives to talk with students (The Nest).
- Host workshops and guest speakers to share expertise on the college admissions process and financial aid options.
- Prepare school materials (transcripts, recommendations and the school profile) on behalf of students to universities and colleges for admissions and scholarship purposes.
Students interested in working should check out the awesome job board the School-to-Career group keeps in the Support Services Building (at the South end of Main Hall, across from room 203).
If you want mobile updates, you can "Like" School-to-Career on Facebook! Check it out at:
Students Linking their PSAT Results to Khan Academy
How to Link Your College Board + Khan Academy Accounts – This video show students how to link their CB account to their KA account
Understanding Your PSAT/NMSQT Score Report - This video allows the students to see and understand their PSAT/NMSQT scores.
Setting up your College Board account (see attached) – This instruction maybe useful for students who need set-up their CB account before linking to their Khan Academy account.
Khan Academy flyer for students (see attached) – Feel free to print and distribute to your students
Khan Academy Toolkit (see attached) – Feel free to review this toolkit which includes suggestions for sharing important information with students and parents on Khan Academy
Daily Practice App How To (see attached) – Flyer on Scan + Score feature of the Daily Practice App to share with your students and parents