UC Irvine 2019 Summer Surgery Program
The University of California, Irvine Medical Center Department or Urology will be hosting its annual Summer Surgery Program during the months of July- early August. This program is a tuition-based, two week program where high school students are able to watch live surgeries, learn hands-on medical skills, and receive mentorship from medical students.
Sessions Dates: Session I - July 8-19, Session II - July 22-August 2
Space is limited to 24 students per session.
To apply for UC Irvine's Summer Surgery Program, high school students must be at least 16 years old, have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.5.
Sign up for the Nest Remind Text service to get updates regarding college visits, testing information,
and other Nest activities. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Class of 2020: text @2020nest to 81010
Trouble using 81010? Try texting to (754) 333-6659 instead.
SAT/ACT TEST PREP RESOURCES
UPCOMING COLLEGE VISIT LIST: CLICK HERE
College Application Resources
Class of 2020
Here's a look at your Junior year planning:
WINTER 2018-2019 - it's time to get very busy!
- Start thinking about your personal statement. In your English class, second semester, you will begin writing your personal statement. Your coursework, grades, test scores, and activities will be listed on your application. So, what additional information, in the form of a "story," would you like the admissions counselor to know about you? Everyone has a story...you have something to say that makes you special - unique. How will you tell your story?
- Sign up to take the SAT and the ACT in the spring. Ms. R and Ms. Wammack recommend that you take the ACT once and the SAT twice, simply because many schools "super score" the SAT. You need two separate scores to super score. Most (if not all) college admissions counselors will advise you to take the SAT/ACT no more than three times. Get it done this year!
- Now that you've signed up for the SAT and/or the ACT, you may want to find help in test prep. Looking over your PSAT results will help you target your areas of improvement.
- If you're doing really well in the AP courses, find out if there is a corresponding SAT Subject Test. The University of California does not require the Subject Tests unless you plan on majoring in engineering, mathematics or science. Many private schools (if you're not majoring in engineering) will waive the Subject Test requirement if you have taken the ACT. Sign up now for the SAT Subject Tests in May or June. You can take three Subject Tests in one sitting.
- See your school counselor or Ms. R and Ms. Wammack in the Nest if you have any questions. Ask now!
Princeton Review www.princetonreview.com
PJ's Test Prep www.pjtestprep.com
Blue Train www.bluetraintutoring.com
Khan Academy www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat
College Board http://sat.collegeboard.org/home
FREE ACT REVIEW: Video Tutorial http://www.mometrix.com/academy/act-test/