California Scholarship Federation, Inc.
Redondo Union High School, Chapter 101sc
Elizabeth Valentekovich, advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join the Google Classroom for CSF 2021-22 for more information and updates about the program. The code for this year is qm6axo6.
CSF, or California Scholarship Federation, recognizes your grades and citizenship. You may apply every semester that you have RUHS grades. Most students are doing this to become a seal bearer at graduation; a seal bearer will wear a cord and pin, as well as have a seal on their diploma. Grades earned starting with sophomore grades count toward seal bearer, but many students choose to apply with their freshmen grades so that they can say that they were a member throughout high school. You must have four semesters total to be a seal bearer, starting with sophomore grades and including at least one semester of senior grades.
Here is the basic information for applying to CSF. This information, along with the breakdown of list I, II, and III classes, is available on the application.
1. Membership is neither automatic nor compulsory. It is the responsibility of the student to be
knowledgeable of registration periods and deadlines. Retroactive membership is prohibited.
2. In order to be a seal bearer at graduation, a student must qualify and apply to CSF at least four
times, beginning with sophomore grades. Of these four, a student must qualify and apply using Senior
grades at least once in order to earn seal bearer status.
3. Semester membership is based on work done in the previous semester, and you must reapply each
semester. Qualified students must pay the $5.00 dues each semester.
4. One additional point may be applied for a grade of A or B in an AP or Honors course,
up to a maximum of TWO POINTS per semester. Only two classes can earn additional points.
5. Summer School courses are not eligible for CSF membership.
6. Only college courses taken concurrently with high school courses can be used for membership.
7. A grade of D or F in any course, even in one you cannot use to qualify, disqualifies you from
8. A U in citizenship in any course, even in one you cannot use to qualify, disqualifies you from
To qualify for CSF membership this semester, follow these guidelines:
You must earn a minimum of 10 points from last semester’s grades.
a. The first 4 points must be from LIST I. All 10 points can be earned from List I classes alone.
b. The first 7 points (including the four points described in “a”) must be from LISTS I and II.
c. The remaining 3 points may come from LIST III.
You must use no more than 5 courses to qualify.
No CSF points are given for physical education, courses taken in lieu of physical education, repeated courses, summer school courses, special education courses, courses involving Lab/Teacher Assistant, Office/Library Aide, SCROC, and courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
CSF points are granted as follows:
A = 3 points B = 1 point C = 0 points
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Valentekovich at email@example.com
Join Ms. Valentekovich's CSF Google Classroom for more information and for access to the Google form application (qm6axo6).