December 15, 2023
December 15, 2023
Dear RUHS Community,
With full hearts, we thank you for your partnership in ensuring a safe, welcoming, and engaging school environment. We are tremendously proud of how (y)our students have adjusted to a new climate in the final weeks before winter break, and we want to express our deep appreciation to all Sea Hawks for coming together as a community. Thank you.
Before we take some time for a restful and restorative break, we would like to reflect on a few of the great things our Sea Hawks have accomplished so far this year. These moments of achievement are the culmination of months–sometimes years–of effort, and demonstrate how well-rounded, or well-Redondo’d, our community truly is:
- RUHS was named the #1 Football Student Section in LA County for the second year in a row
- A grand total of 679 juniors and seniors received letters and pins at Academic Letter Night
- Our Girls Flag Football and Girls Cross Country teams became Bay League Champions
- RUHS Performing Arts proudly presented productions of Sweeney Todd and Lost Girl
- Team RUHS fielded 443 walkers at the Skechers Friendship Walk
- RUHS Library hosted the first ever RUHS Scholastic Book Fair
- Our Mock Trial teams made the top 16 teams for all LA County
- RUHS Marching Band and Dance Guard made it to the Championships for the ninth year in a row
The achievements of RUHS students are many, far beyond the few listed above. We are always proud of our Sea Hawks, and appreciate the dedication and enthusiasm they bring to campus each day.
On Friday, December 15, students brought holiday gifts and treats along with their dedication and enthusiasm, and the last student entered campus at 9:48 a.m. Teachers were notified that they should expect all students in their classrooms by 9:58 a.m., and the last school day before winter break was underway.
Sea Hawks, we look forward to welcoming you back to campus on Wednesday, January 3. Before we resume in January, we will provide more updates via ParentSquare on how we will continue to ensure campus safety moving forward.
We wish you all a safe, peaceful, joy-filled holiday and a Happy New Year!
See you in 2024, and Go Sea Hawks!
Proud RUHS Principal
Friday, November 17, 2023
Friday, November 17, 2023
RUHS Holiday Message
RUHS Students, Staff, and Families:
Happy Thanksgiving Break! Please safely enjoy the time away from school. We look forward to seeing you back on Monday, November 27th.
The holidays are an opportunity to remind ourselves, friends, and families about the importance of gratitude. Please watch the most recent RUTV, highlighting our recent RUHS events, which include a brief reminder about E-bike safety and a Bridi Break Thanksgiving message.
Here at RUHS, we are grateful for our wonderful students, caring staff, and supportive parents/guardians. Thank you for being part of this amazing, thriving community. By the way, did you hear our Sea Hawk FLOCK, has again been selected as the #1 Football Student Section in LA County? GO SEA HAWKS!
Our Sea Hawk family wishes all of you a memorable and restful week off.
Skechers Walk on Sunday, October 29, 2023
BTSN Presentation 9-21-23
September 2023- School News
August 16, 2023
Dear RUHS Families:
Welcome back! Thank you for making the first few weeks on the RUHS campus memorable. RUHS registration and new student/parent orientation was a blast, and now the first day of school is already under our belts. Thank you for partnering with RUHS in the academic growth and social emotional development of (y)our student(s). Please assist in ways that we can encourage our Sea Hawks to keep on PACE to SOAR!
- Self Advocate - If concerns arise during the school year, have them reach out to the proper adult on campus for support. Our counselors, teachers, and staff are here to always help navigate a difficult situation. Please click to see our RUHS communication protocol
- Have A Growth Mindset - Having a growth mindset versus a fixed mindset is so important at any age. Failing is a part of growing and maturity. Help them be resilient when they experience disappointment and failure. We will continue to message this to our students regularly
- Take Risks - Try out for sports teams, join new clubs, get involved in new experiences. These are ways that our students can find their passion. We provide various opportunities to be part of our Sea Hawk community outside of the classroom
- Take Initiative - Read our emails/communications, participate in school and district events, attend parent teacher conferences, etc. We strive to have open lines of communication and transparency with our families and students
- Know Your RUHS Counselor and RUHS Student Resources – Please click the link for the RUHS counselor webpage
Keep reading for pertinent information to have a successful first month of school!
RUHS Week at a Glance:
Thursday, 8/17 - Periods 0/2/4/6/ Regular Block, 8:30 Start / 3:30 Dismissal
Friday, 8/18 - Periods 0/1/3/5 Regular Block, 8:30 Start / 3:30 Dismissal
Important School News, Resources, & Announcements:
- RUHS Parent Student Handbook: This can always be found on our RUHS website. When in doubt about Dress Code, Attendance, Behavior/Citizenship Rubric, Electronic Devices and all other related RUHS expectations/protocols, please review on our website
- Final Schedules & Schedule Changes: While we do our best to ensure functional and accurate schedules for all students, we are human and mistakes are inevitable. Your student received a draft copy of their schedule at registration and will receive a final copy on the first day of school in the small gym, before the start of Period 1
- Drop-off/Pick-up: Please follow all traffic laws when dropping-off and picking-up students. This includes stopping at stop signs, not double-parking or parking in red zones, not parking in handicap-labeled spaces unless permitted to do so, and not making illegal U-turns. Please help us by not parking in spots marked for staff. Additionally, students must only cross the street in crosswalks. Please click here for drop off and pick up zones around RUHS. Also, please click here for information regarding Beach Cities Transit. Thank you for helping to keep ALL of our students safe!
- Bike Safety: We welcome students to ride their bike or scooter to school! However, they must wear a helmet and abide by all traffic laws. This is not just a school rule, it is the law. Also, they cannot ride on campus, just to and from campus. Once they arrive on the sidewalks outside of school, bikes and scooters must be walked. Finally, they need to bring a proper lock to secure their bike, etc. in the designated bicycle parking areas on the RUHS campus
- Technology Support: Our RBUSD IT Department has set up a website of resources to help students and families with any tech related issues. Please visit for tech support. - https://sites.google.com/a/rbusd.org/rbusd/
- RBUSD Child Nutrition Updates: Beginning in the 2022–23 school year, Child Nutrition Services will be participating in California’s Universal Meals Program. The new State Meal Mandate requires public school districts serving students in grades TK–12 to offer two meals free of charge (breakfast and lunch) during each school day to students requesting a meal, regardless of their free or reduced-price meal eligibility. This state meal mandate only applies when students are on campus during in-person learning. Breakfast will continue to be available before school and during the students’ break time. In order to move the lines as quickly as possible, we are asking that you please encourage your students to bring their student IDs with them to scan at the cashier when receiving meals inside the cafeteria or purchasing snack items outside at the snack windows. Even though meals are free for students, the CDE is still requiring that we collect meal applications. We are encouraging families to fill out meal applications for LCFF funding and additional benefits for the household (Pandemic EBT funds, exam and application fee waivers and other discounted costs). Please click here to fill out an application
Last, please view this brief video highlighting our RUHS expectations. We look forward to a great school year and look forward to seeing you at many of our upcoming events!
Go Sea Hawks!
August 11, 2023 - RUHS New Family Forum
July 28, 2023 - RUHS Counseling Letter
Redondo Union HS
One Sea Hawk Way
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
(310) 798-8665 x 4001