Sea Hawk Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for making your student’s high school attendance a priority. Last year, the Average Daily Attendance Rate (ADA) was an exceptional 94.95%. Although exceptional, every day that a student is out of class impacts the classroom culture, the student’s learning, and our school revenue. This year our goal is to increase the ADA rate by a little more than 1%. We need your parental support in the following ways to increase the school’s ADA to 96%:
- Continue to ensure your student arrives to school on time daily.
- Please review the attendance procedures and definitions attached to this email.
- If you have an appointment, please either send your student to school before the appointment or please drop him or her off after the appointment. (RUHS receives ADA for partial-day attendance).
- Check the parent portal frequently to catch any discrepancies or irregularities concerning your child’s attendance. Absences can be cleared for five days following the absence. After that time, they will remain uncleared.
- Contact the Attendance Office at (310) 798-8665 ext. 4017 if you have any questions.
Finally, as we plan for a fun school year, it is important to note that uncleared and unexcused absences can result in students earning a U in citizenship and/or being excluded from participation in extracurriculars, including the Homecoming dance that is soon approaching.
Thank you again for supporting RUHS and more importantly maximizing your student’s instructional time in the classroom.