RUHS Weekly Bulletin - 11/11/19—11/15/19
Thanksgiving Break November 25-29
SEA HAWK OF THE WEEK:
Ms. Amber Bell would like to nominate, Ryan Cooper.
Señorita Grimaldi would like to nominate Carlos Delgado, Andrew Ude, and Coco McKellips
Ms. Ana Sosa would like to nominate, Winston Watkins.
Ms. Amanda Duran would like to nominate Alan Elias and the students of Cervantes Spanish Honors Society.
There will be a CAML Contest Tuesday November 12 at lunch in room 316. Bring your pencil, calculator, and lunch. Earn extra credit in your math class (Geometry or higher).
TRACK AND FIELD TRYOUTS:
Anybody interested in trying out for Track & Field, tryouts will be held on Thursday, November 14th from 3:15-5:00pm on the Track. If you have any questions please see Coach Kelley in Admin building.
Boys and Girls Swim Tryouts will be held Monday, November 18th, 2019. Girls Varsity Water polo will tryout during 5th period. All Boys Water polo will tryout during 6th period. After school, tryouts will be held for the following: all freshmen and JV girls water polo, all other non-water polo swimmers.
Need help with Chemistry? Come down to Room 122 during lunch on Tuesdays, and Thursdays for help! All qualified tutor who volunteer will receive community service hour!
*There will be free math tutoring after school from 3 to 4 PM on Tuesdays in Room 152 and on Thursdays in Room 209.
*Need help with math? Come down to Room 313 during lunch on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for help! Need community service hours? Like math? Come down to the Math Tutoring Club to volunteer as a math tutor for community service!
WE ARE ONE CLUB:
Come join We Are One! We are a club that promotes cultural understanding & awareness. We do spectrum activities inspired by Jubilee. Last year we had a poster campaign around campus to stop stereotypes against minorities. If you are interested, we meet on Tuesdays in Room 804.
2019-2020 YEARBOOK DEDICATIONS:
- Submit and design online at: www.yearbookordercenter.com. This is the best and easiest option.
- If you want us to design the dedication, email digital files to email@example.com
- Mail to Mr. Ziegler or place in Mr. Ziegler’s mailbox at the school. Address: Mitch Ziegler, Redondo Union High School, One Sea Hawk Way, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
- All photos should be in .tiff or .jpg format at 300dpi. We are not responsible for the quality of reproduction of ads/photos under 300 dpi. Do not print photos on a home printer – send us the
Original digital file at its highest resolution. Photos taken from social media may not print properly, and we cannot be held responsible for this.
- No cut and paste collages. • Put your name and address on the back of any photo you want returned. • Do not cut photos – we will crop and enlarge/shrink after we scan them. • All photos must be appropriate and are subject to the approval of the editors. If you have any questions, please call (310) 798-8665 ext. 4164 Attachment has more information.
WANT TO LEARN TO HACK?
Hack Club is where creative people come together to build amazing things. On your first day, you'll build your very own website from scratch. Learn to code as you build websites, apps, and games. Come join the fun of pizza, music, and CODING AWESOME STUFF! No experience necessary. Hack Club meets after school on Thursdays and during lunch on Fridays at Mr. Middler's room 150.
Please remember that RUHS has a strict dress code policy that needs to be adhered to. Failure to do so will result in having to change and/or fix your outfit. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask any adult on campus, or look on the website or in your school planner for the dress code policy of what is allowable and what is not.
PARKING AT RUHS:
Staff and Students: All parking spots are assigned and permitted. In order for you to park in the parking lot during the school day, you MUST have been assigned a designated spot. Please do not park in the parking lot if you did not receive a spot, you will be towed.